There are so many things to do and to keep in mind when moving with a removal company, that in some cases it might be even more difficult, than moving and organizing everything by yourself. However, check out some great examples and hints:
– Make an online research and find the best local removal company that comes with the best offer, according to your requirements and expectations. Request more quotes and pick up an affordable offer that suits your budget. Consider the requirements of yourself and of the others too.
– Take your free time to consider all the options. The first and most essential thing when moving with expert movers is not to rush. Because they are professionals, they can help you with lots of things and thus make the entire relocation quite smooth and easy. Yet you can come across some unexpected tasks and exercises, and that`s why take your free time to organize everything in advance. Don`t leave everything for the last moment even if you move with the biggest local company and with a couple of teams of movers.
– The selection of the right box sizes, materials and protection measurements are next. Make sure to protect your items well. There are plenty of ways to prevent breaking fragile or expensive equipment, or to avoid scratches, hits, etc. The corners of the objects are often the most fragile part, while the electronic devices should be wrapped in plastic coverings to repel water.
– Know the advantages that the company can offer, i.e. discounts if paying cash, opts for money return for unused boxes, when is the last moment to cancel the move, and more.
– You should also know which fees you have to pay, because the moving out journey usually includes a vast array of other fees and taxes, changing accounts, etc., but it`s essential to not underestimate the fees for the removal agency.
– The moving van plays a major role in the entire moving process. That`s why it is important to pick up the best van. This means not always the most expensive or the biggest one. The perfect van is the one that can fit all your possessions in a safe and efficient manner, while considering the specs of the van for the specific terrain and destination. Consider whether you will rent only a van and you will be the driver or you will hire man and a van.
– At the moving day, prepare the house for the arrival of the movers. It`s recommended to make a quick but comprehensive tour around the house with the packing and loading team so they can see what they should handle with.
– When moving with a company, try to use the maximum capacity/performance of the professional services you get. This means to get rid of everything unusual, because you don`t want to pay for removal services for old newspapers, old clothes or malfunctioning furniture only to decide that you want to get rid of them as soon as you arrive in the new house. Moving useless objects is useless. Spend a couple of days on de-cluttering and sorting instead.
– Fix the date for your move by booking the needed removal services as earlier as possible.
– Ensure a full and easy access to your house. The removal van usually requires twice as much parking space as a normal family car, so gently ask the neighbors to free more parking space. Inspect the route to the front door of your house for any imperfections such as rocks, branches, stairs and dirt. Try to put the bags and the boxes in such a place that to avoid extra distance.